Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sugar sugar

Mom and Dad tell me that I am so sweet
I am like honey
warm cookies from the oven
the grand finale of birthday cake
I am the frozen custard
with all the toppings….

Sugary, sugary, sweet goodness

Can you build up a resistance to something so sweet as me?
Mom and Dad say that I am irresistible already
Their hearts will love me forever

They say that I am so special
I am a sweet miracle who can see, hear, taste, and smell already
I am full of accomplishments

Sugary, sugary, sweet goodness

The doctors say we passed our sugar test
Mom is making just the right amount of insulin
For both of our bodies to use the sugar that floats thru our blood

Our systems are handling the sweet, and sugary goodness

I didn’t know that the doctors tested just how sweet I could be



*A poem by baby and Mommy. Here are a few websites that share a little more about diabetes. Let’s all try to prevent diabetes, and maintain a healthy ‘food’ and ‘exercise’ plan. Please have fun and post a crunchy or salty treat that you think is healthy for this time of year.

http://www.diabetes.org/gestational-diabetes.jsp

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/gestational/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretzels and honey mustard sauce